To meet the requirements of REACH regulation
Ekotox Centers are offering consultation service focused on REACH legislation, chemical management related to chemical substance and mixtures used in your company and communication in supply chain, effect of chemical legislation on individual articles and products ….
If you have questions please contact us by phone +421 2 45943712 or by e-mail at ekotox(at)ekotox.sk
Initial assessment of commitments the company is mainly focused on the following areas:
- ANALYSE OF ACTUAL SITUATION, identification of company obligations in connection to their activities, supply chain and use of chemical substances and mixtures
- IDENTIFICATION OF OBLIGATION, determination of the position of the company in relation to the chemicals legislation
- IDENTICATION OF NON-COMPLIANCE WITH REACH, knowledge of non-compliance with the requirements of the legislation allows to identify vulnerabilities and areas requiring immediate attention
- RECOMMENDATION, proposal of solutions and procedures to be implemented
REACH + CLP SCREENING under Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), establishing a European Chemicals Agency, amending Directive 1999/45/EC and repealing Council Regulation (EEC) No 793/93 and Commission Regulation (EC) No 1488/94 as well as Council Directive 76/769/EEC and Commission Directives 91/155/EEC, 93/67/EEC, 93/105/EC and 2000/21/EC and related national legislation.
Content of service:
- Chemical substances, mixtures, products and articles + based on data from clients – Safety data Sheets, interview and additional documentations…
- Position of company in supply chain under chemical legislation:
The availability and correction of basic documentation – Safety data Sheets, Exposure Scenarios, internal documentation ;
- Registration, notification, authorisation ;
- Determination of responsibility and system of control in company ;
- Fulfill supplier requirements ;
- Downstream Users requirements.
- Identification of individual chemical substances based on its properties obtained from documentation form client and searching of data from additional relevant information sources – databases. Identification of articles for which a relationship with the requirements of chemical legislation.
- Categorization of chemical substances: SVHC, restrictions, classification, authorisation.
REACH – Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals
REACH is regulation of European Parliament on registration, assessment, authorisation and restrictions of chemical substances with efficiency from 1 June 2007 and replaced a series of European directives and regulations in one system.
The aim of REACH system:
- To ensure high level of human protection and environment due to use of chemical substances
- People who place chemicals on the market (manufacturers and importers are responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with their use)
- To allow the free circulation of substances on the EU market
- To encourage innovation and competitiveness of the chemical industry in the EU
- To encourage an alternative methods for the assessment of hazardous properties of substances, e.g. Quantitative structure-activity relationship (QSAR), and analogous
Scope and exemptions:
REACH is related to substances produced or imported in volume more than 1 tonne. Generally, REACH is focused on individual chemical substances, included in mixtures or in articles (if the substance is intended for release during normal and reasonably foreseeable conditions of use of the articles).
Some substances are specifically excluded:
- radioactive substances
- substances under customs supervision
- transport of substances
- non-isolated intermediates
- some naturally occurring, low-risk substances
Some substances covered by specific legislation comply with the provisions, including:
- human and veterinary drugs
- food and food additives
- plant protection products and biocides
Other substances have adapted provisions within the REACH Regulation, when used under specified conditions:
- isolated intermediates
- substances used in Research & Development
If you order the Implementation of REACH in your company, we will provide:
- elaboration of pre-registration documentation in REACH-IT: #
- elaboration of REACH registration documentation – IUCLID 6: #
- Chemical Safety Assessment and elaboration of chemical Safety Report: #
- Submission documentation to ECHA;
- Representation on behalf of your company in substance information exchange forum (SIEF): #
- REACH authorisation: #
- Management of supplier and downstream users relevant for your company: #
- Management of articles in your company…
Professional employees of Ecotoxicological center have practical experience gained in the implementation of chemicals legislation requirements for a wide range of companies from different industries – manufacturers, importers, downstream users …
We offer consulting service especially for you company.