COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2020/1682 of 12 November 2020 amending Annex III to Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32020R1682&from=EN
Cases of sensitisation to nail products containing HEMA and Di-HEMA TMHDC reported in some Member States lead the Commission to the conclusion that there is a risk that such products may be applied with insufficient precision, causing contact with the skin adjacent to the nail plate.
Cosmetic products containing HEMA or di-HEMA TMHDC
From 3 June 2021 products containing that substance and not complying with those conditions shall not be placed on the Union market.
From 3 September 2021 products containing that substance and not complying with those conditions shall not be made available on the Union market.
Wording of conditions of use and warnings:
For professional use only
Can cause an allergic reaction
EU Cosmetics Legislation and Requirements
Support and assistance by Ekotox experts for EU and non-EU producers and importers
Actual Ekotox webinars: www.ekotoxtraining.com
- Legislation and Regulatory Compliance Services (EU REACH, CLP, detergents, RoHS, WEEE, POPs…)
- Safety Data Sheets and products/mixtures registration on the EU member states markets (Poison Centers), UFI and more
- Cosmetics Safety
- Chemicals risk assessment / management
- Environmental Health & Safety & Risk Assessment
- Occupational Health & Safety & Risk Assessment
Ekotoxikologické centrum CZ
Centrum Ekotoksykologiczne (PL)
Ekotoxikologické centrum Bratislava, s.r.o. (SK)
Tomášikova 10/F, 821 03 Bratislava
Tel.: +421 (2) 4594 3712, 4594 5223