The Cosmetic Product Information File (PIF) is a mandatory document required for all cosmetic products placed on the EU market. The PIF contains the following information and data:
- Product description: A description of the product, including its name, intended use, and packaging.
- Manufacturer information: The name and address of the company that manufactures the product, as well as the contact information for the person responsible for the product’s safety.
- Safety assessment: A safety assessment report that includes information on the product’s ingredients, the potential risks associated with the product, and the measures taken to mitigate these risks.
- Ingredients: A list of all the ingredients used in the product, including their function and concentration.
- Method of manufacture: A description of the method used to manufacture the product, including quality control measures and any necessary precautions.
- Stability testing: Data on the product’s stability, including the results of stability testing conducted under normal and extreme conditions.
- Packaging and labeling: Information on the product’s packaging and labeling, including any warnings, precautions, or instructions for use.
- Batch release: Documentation to ensure that each batch of the product meets the required quality standards and specifications.
- Claims support: Data and evidence supporting any claims made about the product, such as efficacy or performance.
- Non-animal testing: Evidence that alternative non-animal testing methods have been used where possible, in accordance with EU legislation.
The PIF is a comprehensive document that ensures that cosmetic products are safe, properly manufactured, and labeled correctly, which helps to protect consumers from harm.