Ekotoxicological center is offering consultation service for Management of chemical substances, mixture and articles used in your company (legislation REACH, CLP …) to minimize the risk and to ensure protection and workplace safety and environmental protection.
If you have questions please contact us by phone +421 2 45943712 or by e-mail at ekotox(at)ekotox.sk
To achieve effective Chemicals Management in company is needed to ensure:
- SDSs SCREENING – ANALYSES OF SDSs
- REACH + CLP SCREENING – IDENTIFICATION OF THE COMPANY OBLIGATIONS in relation to REACH and CLP legislation
- IMPLEMENTATION OF e-SDS OBLIGATIONS AT WORKPLACE – SCALLING OF THE EXPOSURE SCENARIO
- ACTIVE COMMUNICATION IN DOWNTREAM SUPPLY CHAINS
- PROTECTION AND WORKPLACE SAFETY – OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES AND RISK ASSESSMENT
- ENVIRONEMTNAL PROTECTION
Target group: producers, suppliers and downstream users with unlimited use volume of the chemical substances, mixture and articles.
Safety use of the chemical substances, mixture and articles has to be the highest priority for each company.
It is important that information on the conditions of use of chemical substances, mixtures and articles have been reported within the downstream supply chain with aim to minimize workplace risks and protect employees.
Content of service:
- Identification of chemical substances, mixture, products and articles used in company base on information from the client(s) (Safety data Sheet (SDS), extended Safety Data Sheet (e-SDS), additional documentation,…) ;
- Elaboration of list of SDSs (e-SDSs) received from suppliers ;
- Elaboration of list of supplier ;
- Quality Assessment of SDSs (e-SDSs) using The Methodology for Check and Quality Assessment of SDSs ;
- Identification of data gabs in SDSs, knowledge of non-compliance with the requirements of the legislation allows to identify vulnerabilities and areas requiring immediate attention.
SDSs SCREENING is elaborating under The Methodology for Check and Quality Assessment of SDSs developed by Ekotoxicological centre.
The Methodology for Check and Quality Assessment of SDSs include The Questioner for check of SDSs – PDF, WORD document.
The Questioner for check of SDSs is useful in communication with supplier to ensure correction of data gabs in SDSs.
The check of the SDS is focused on identification of serious failings in relation to legislation requirements: regulation (ES) No 1272/2008, regulation (SR) No 355/2006 Z. z. as amended and regulation (EÚ) No 2015/830.
If you order the SDSs SCREENING, we will provide:
- Elaborated list of SDSs (e-SDSs) received from your suppliers – EXLfile ;
- Elaborated list of supplier – EXLfile ;
- Elaborated The Methodology for Check and Quality Assessment of SDSs– PDF document ;
- The Report on results from the check and quality assessment of SDSs for supplier based on The Methodology for Check and Quality Assessment of SDSs– PDF document.
The Methodology for Check and Quality Assessment of SDSs include:
- Steps for downstream users how to check and quality assessment of SDSs from suppliers:
- If there are reasons leading touncertainty about the accuracy or completeness of the SDS – contact your supplier ;
- In case of new information on dangerous properties of substance or mixture or risk management measures in SDSs – communicate information to your supplier (REACH, section 34) ;
- To archive the documentation from check and quality assessment of SDSs, results and any resulting measures ;
- To inform employees about the data from the SDS relevant to their activities at the workplace and ensure their professional qualifications for the activities of their job.
- Level of check of SDSs
- Initial Check of SDSsincludes base requirements (e.g. language of SDSs, the date of elaboration, the date of revision, form, included Exposure Scenario …) ;
- Check the classification of substancecompliance with CLP regulation ;
- Check the classification of mixtureincludes check the classification of compounds of
mixture and compliance with CLP regulation ;
- Check of limit value under regulation No 355/2006 Z. z. as amended ;
- Check of risk management measures compliance with regulation(EÚ) 2015/830 ;
- Detailed Check of SDSs includes check the classification of mixtures based on CLP regulation rules.
REACH + CLP SCREENING
Content of service:
- Position of company in downstream supply chain under chemical legislation:
- The availability and correction of basic documentation – Safety data Sheets, Exposure Scenarios, internal documentation ;
- Registration, notification, authorisation ;
- Determination of responsibility and system of control in company;
- Fulfill supplier requirements ;
- Downstream Users requirements.
- Categorization of chemical substances: SVHC, CMR substances, assessment of substance under CoRAP, chemical substance dangerous for the environment by use software CHEMDOX base on data from client ;
- Analyse of responsibilities in the production and import of articles containing substances with a intended release or contain SVHC substances ;
- REACH Identification of failings, knowledge of non-compliance with the requirements of the legislation allows to identify vulnerabilities and areas requiring immediate attention ;
- RECOMMENDATION, proposal of solutions and procedures to be implemented.
If you order the REACH + CLP SCREENING, we will provide:
- The Report on actual situation in your company, which include – PDF document:
- Obligations of company base on identification of activities and position in downstream supply chain, use of chemical substance a mixtures ;
- Identify the position of company in relation to REACH legislation ;
- Identify non-compliance with legislative requirements and proposal of recommendations and the procedures to be implemented.
- The report of categorization of chemical substances as such or contained in mixtures used in your company that includes – PDF document:
- The List of chemical substances selected based presence of SVHC substances (Substance of Very High concern);
- The List of chemical substances selected based presence of CMR substances (carcinogenic, mutagenic and toxic for reproduction);
- The List of chemical substances selected based presence of substance dangerous for the environment ;
- The List of chemical substances selected based presence of substance assessed under CoRAP (the Community rolling action plan). The aim of the assessment is to ensure that production and use of substances from the CoRAP list does not constitute a risk to human health and the environment ;
All lists are elaborated by use software CHEMDOX.
More information on software CHEMDOX is available on our web page: https://ekotox.eu/chemdox/
Content of service:
- Identification of parameters of Exposure Scenario (ES) base on data from client (the extended Safety data Sheets, i.e. e-SDSs) ;
- Identification of use conditions in company with respect to ES on the basis of documentation provided by the client(internal documentation,…) ;
- Identification of parameters values with respect to the use of models and specific information from the evaluation process, including the use of measured parameters for specific processes ;
- Calculation of scalled parameters and verify their applicability (modeling) ;
- Interpretation of scaling and assess the need for additional steps – formalization and documentation management.
If you order the SCALLING OF ES, we will provide:
1) The report on implementation of requirements from e-SDSs (the Scalling of Exposure Scenario) for substance as such or contained in preparations used in your company that include– PDF document:
- Identified the parameters of the Exposure Scenario of your supplier (conditions of use described by Use Descriptors, operational measures, measures to control risks) ;
- Defining the limit values for the substance under national legislation ;
- Defining the conditions of use in your company;
- Comparison of operating conditions in your company to the conditions proposed by the manufacturers in the e-SDS ;
- Comparison of use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in your company to the proposed PPE manufacturer in the e-SDS;
- Assessment of compliance of operation proposed in ES with use in your company and assesses the need for additional steps.
COMUNICATION WITHIN THE DOWNSTREAM SUPPLY CHAIN
Content of service:
- Ensuring communication with suppliers to correct the failingsidentified in the SDS i.e. e-SDSs from your supplier ;
- To represent the company in relation to suppliers as the exclusive body for communication with suppliers.
If you order our services as exclusive body for communication with your suppliers, we will provide:
- Elaborated database of contacts on your supplier – EXL file ;
- Elaborated database of revised SDSs , e-SDSs based on results from communication with your suppliers – EXL file ;
- The Report on communication with your suppliers on a certain date – PDF document ;
Ekotoxicological center is offering elaboration of Operation procedure for work with chemical agents under regulation No 355/2006 Coll. as amended.
If you order our services elaboration of the Operation procedure, we will provide:
- Elaborated the Operation Procedure for your company (workplace) under regulation No 355/2006 Coll. as amended, included – PDF document ;
- Risk Assessment under § 4 regulation No 355/2006 Coll. ;
- Information on location of workplace where they occur hazardous chemical agents ;
- Safety work practices and technology procedures ;
- The protection and preventive measures to eliminate or reduce risk, including technical control systems to prevent the release of hazardous chemical factors, the ignition or explosion;
- Emergency plan;
- Instructions and equipment for first aid ;
- Method and frequency of training.